I've been searching and searching for a great lemon bar. The catch was that it needed to be sugar free. I've looked in bakeries, grocery store and of course online. I quickly came to the conclusion that I needed to make my own. I really wanted to come up with a recipe where I didn't have to start from scratch. Everyone wants to save a little time when they can, right. Well here's a recipe I came up with that uses boxed mix and Jello instant pudding. Grab a few fresh lemons and you're ready to go....
Servings: makes 18 bars
Recipe by: D Ludington
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
1 Pkg. Sugar Free Yellow Cake Mix
1 Pkg. Sugar Free Lemon Pudding and Pie Filling
1/2 C. Vegetable Oil
1 Pkg. Cream Cheese (8oz.)
1/3 C. Splenda Granulated Mix
6 Tbsp. Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp. Lemon Zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine eggs, oil pudding mix, cake mix and 1 Tbsp lemon zest in a large bowl. Mix well until blended but slightly dry and crumbly. Set aside one cup for the topping. Spread in a lightly greased 9” square cake pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes then set aside to cool.
- While the crust is baking beat splenda, cream cheese, remaining lemon zest and lemon juice on medium setting.
- Spread cream cheese filling mixture evenly on crust and top with remaining dry mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until set and the top is golden brown.
- Cool completely on a cookie rack and cut into squares. Refrigerate until chilled and serve. Refrigerate remaining bars.
Thanks for stopping by.
Please follow or subscribe for exciting new posts.